Sounds for Change Music Therapy has teamed up with Balance Body & Mind Healing Clinic to create a unique workshop series, based on a combination of zone therapy, reflexology, Brain Gym exercises and music therapy.
Through the use of selected exercises combined with specific music therapy techniques, we aim to enhance concentration and focus, and awareness of self and others.
Watch this space for updates on future Mind Body Sound workshops.
Workshop 1 - What We Offer
-Six 'Switch On' exercises, based on Brain Gym and Zone Therapy, to reduce stress and enhance noticing of self, focus and concentration
- Coordinated drumming to stimulate the brain, nervous system and increase energy flow
- Chamber breathing exercises
- Chakra clearing related to the AUMKAR method
This unique way of combining music and exercises simultaneously can give you a sense of balance, reduced anxiety, and enhanced focus and concentration
Workshop 2 - What We Offer
- Continue learning new exercises where we lengthen, cross the midline, stimulating the nervous system and increasing energy flow
- Increase spatial awareness and auditory memory through exercises and music based activities
- Revise the 6 Switch On Exercises
- Divided attention drumming and singing
- Vibrational music therapy relating to the 7 Chakras
This unique way of combining music and exercises simultaneously can develop your ability to multitask.
Feedback from previous participants
Kath - ’This workshop has given me a new understanding & insight into how the body/mind/spirit work together. There was a great mixture of gentle exercise combined with music. It was easy to follow but with some personal challenges for each of us. I’ll be using some of those exercises.’
Sue - 'I like the way you kept going back over the 6 Switch – On exercises..’
Renee - 'Wow, when is workshop 2?'
Tess McLennan - Masters of Creative Music Therapy, Grad Dip Ed, Bachelor of Music (Hons)
Lyn Borkiet - Early Childhood teacher, Massage Therapist Cert lV, Level 2 Reiki Practitioner, Certified Access Consciousness Facilitator, Completed Brain Gym 101, Certified Equine Therapist
Tess McLennan & Lyn Borkiet